Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Born to be HAPPY :-)

In one of my recent conversations, rather arguments, with my uncle, I conceded to one of the facts that he convinced me thoroughly of; we were born to be happy

His first argument was ; "don’t you think human beings are generally happy"
My obvious answer was "no", with all the sadness around it seemed an apt comeback

Then he asked my opinion on me as a person, about being generally happy or sad , I replied a yes, for I was happy for more time in a day than I was sad

He caught upon that and replied, same is the case with other people, if you measure the amount of time they are sad or happy, it will always weigh heavier on the happier side invariably.

Then I thought about it, no matter how pissed I was, or how angry at someone or something, it took me not more than a few hours of a single bad day to get over it, now even if you were to calculate a bad phase out of your life, you would realize that your sad periods wont aggregate to even 10% of your total life.

Now it would be logical to conclude that an activity carried out for more than 90% time of our lives is not that hard and comparatively easier than its counterpart, thus proving its easier to be happy.

Here comes the final point or rather the most important conclusion from the discussion, WE WERE BORN TO BE HAPPY, and even when we don’t realize it, we are happy for most of our lives.

Its often said sleep is a reflection of a happy and peaceful state of mind, so all the blissful sleepers around, who at any point feel sad during the day must treasure their joyful siesta and continue to smile.

No comments: