Monday, February 18, 2008

A disease called "EMPATHY"

The philanthropic scent of empathy,
Swept all over the pitiful and inconsiderate words of sympathy

It spread so nice and smooth,
It hid the vices of the soothe

While I try to explain, a disclaimer I shall announce,
The words are unclear thoughts rather than random jibes to denounce

The story of my recognition I unfold,
This is how the movie rolled

Empathetic in my heart,
I knew, I could do no harm, from the start

For I knew no matter what I did,
I knew in his shoes I would fit

For If I was ever taken to task,
Astute, I would ask

If you were me, in place of me,
Wont you do the same ?wont you thee !!

No matter what one said, I would have scored,
Before the confrontation, the victory horse I would have rode

What I didn’t realize then and I ponder over now,
Is how true is the principle of empathy to bow

If you were me, when I wanted you to be,
I would have the world full of “me”s

Where would all the uniqueness and diversity go,
If everyone was asked to be me and show

Why would, rather why should I be in your shoes or you in mine,
When we fit our own just fine

Why should I be an excuse,
Under which for wrong deeds you take refuge

In the end empathy is just an excuse, in distress to use,
Rather than accept the fault, blame it on generality to muse

There might be some good in it, for why it was born
But I fail see most of it, now that the shine is gone

The views are mine and so are the words
Don’t think like me, or we’ll all be in herds :)

1 comment:

Ravi Teja said...

Nice style of writing..

Why would, rather why should I be in your shoes or you in mine,
When we fit our own just fine

Killer line.. :)


BTW...i do not completely support your theory.. we are all unique ..thats all fine but sometimes we miss the others point exactly for the same reasons...we tend to get into arguments just because we fail to put ourselves in their shoes...

but again..as you say..there is some farce in it when its used excessively...