Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Indecisiveness

Wonder what took the confidence away
What makes the mind go astray

Where did the intuitive powers go
Why is there no decisiveness to show

It’s not as if, I blundered big time
Or as if I committed a crime

Somewhere false humility seeped in deep
It’s as if, sternness began to seem steep

Living within boundaries has become too convenient
And there’s always a friend around for frustrations to vent

The fire within dies before it fully ignites
I am back to steps before beginning to take strides

The fear of going wrong keeps me away
Knowing well that there could be nothing worse to say

The thought of disappointing someone or letting people down
It’s all so personal, if I let you frown

I know better, that there aint a way to keep all sane
But the never ending struggle drowns me in further pain

Someone once said, the only thing worse than losing something
Is losing the confidence of getting it again

There is need for a knee jerk action
If only I could decide on the direction

I have reached a place
Where there seems to be thoughts pouring in for every case

Somewhere these thoughts need to be put in action
Even if it means disappointing a faction

Somewhere things might and will go amiss
But better still than me reaching the abyss

It’s time to shake off the lethargy and don new attire
Time to challenge the mid-life satire!!!

No comments: