Thursday, December 4, 2008

My life

Life is a journey ......

Everybody around resonates the sound
Life is but a journey with plenty abound

The plenty scares me a lot
More than when it’s the what

Is it for me to decide
Or destiny’s rules to abide

I started out small
But so were each of my falls

Not many memories come to mind
But surely i wouldn’t have been easy to bind

A little slip, a huge fall
I pretty much would have done it all

Growing up was easier still
If not then but now with the memories that fill

Riding atop shoulders to pulling kiddy pranks
I was not far from being crowned Mr Cranky pants

I knew my ways around
My howls and alarms knew the person to sound

I mean that literally ofcourse
Because i remember myself hanging on to my mums purse

I idolised my dad, cuz he worked so hard
Always wanted to be a CA, though didn’t understand a word

Was a teachers pet with plenty of naughtiness
Sports was the only thing that brought about the haughtiness

Settled for what i got
I guess wasn’t then the materialistic lot

My brother was my enemy number one
Jerk used to top his classes, i guess right from 1

I grew up more in age
Height, weight and hair style didn’t take centrestage

Changed my friends, from good to well.....
Though what i learnt from them was far from swell

My attention moved a little towards the fairer sex
Though to this age i fail to decipher the complex

I somehow passed through the phase
And then came the academic chase

My dad came into prominence and shot to dominance
My acts were restricted and lies and excuses came into existence

I met a new group of people, who were the best of the lot
All through these years, they withstood the onslaught

I changed a lot to adapt, and my height also grew to apt
From being a silent spectator, i had my times of having attention rapt

Through these years, my best friends came to life
One seems far away, though the other has helped me battle all the strife

I shot into academic prominence in those times
Well the truth was, people better than me took science

I used to boast of commerce in blood
A few successes here and there and confidence was there to flood

I tasted brilliance in plus one, won a few accolades in plus 2
At the final frontier, the alma mater rated me too

I guess i let them down at the field
I had promised a lot and in the end had little to wield

Once more i travelled the known path
I was guided into the finance dark

My happiness had no bounds
With the barbed wires down, there was plenty to see around

College became a religious ceremony,
CA tuitions were always a point of acrimony

We made a fine group
From midgets to a giant who had to stoop

CP became our hunting ground
All through the year, we were there to be found

I was struck by lightning before the second year
Although i recovered much later to everybody s fear

It was a fun filled year of accolades
From excitement to content, it had all shades
As was the rule, the cycle of life pedalled down
All in all there was much around to frown

The year post had nothing much to boast
But for the friends who stuck by to toast

Another year of grappling fears of insecurity and going nowhere
Shades of brilliance were captured in instances unworthy to share

Then came a month of happiness, everyday was a new mission to outdo the fun
I know it wont have lasted long, i moved out before the set of the sun

Alas! came the two eventful years of so called education
For all i know, i learnt about jargons and miscommunication

But its the people i treasure, for those are who i found
Its like i found life with reasons to live abound

I could describe those years in phases
All of them account to be captured in cases

From wild driving and frantic running around
I wasn’t sure this was the place i wanted to be found

I settled down and looked happy too soon
From the stars i wasn’t even allowed to settle for the moon

Then came the euphoria again
The magic washed away the pain

This time i walked through the rain
Stretched my hands and let the droplets strike me in vain

I went around the world in 90 days
Found a friend and life, my exaggerated smile had everything to say

I came back to a world upside down
My brother getting married faded it away and turned it around

I was patient to say the least
And yet i wasn’t far from missing out on the feast

The third phase was a revolution after all
Against all the winds, i had to stand tall

The winds of change came and went
Aah, the joy and people that poured in, in that vent

There was happiness galore, smiles and giggles and folklore
Well there was a place to go everytime i opened the door

Like every pleasant episode it had to end
But the participants continue to be promising friends

A few around me know, i hate marketing companies for sure
Well its only the airlines and my brothers ATM that help cure

I stare at the skyscrapers beyond, as i sift through my work
When someone asks how long will i be here, i say long enough, with a smirk

The phases wander through my head and spell out details
Significant enough, they form their own tales

As i sit and look around for more episodes to fill
The journey seems so fulfilling even still...

2 comments:

sofaraway said...

My Life :-)epi

sofaraway said...

i keep on coming back to this page to decipher my complex code ;-)